Thursday, December 15, 2011

What did I do today?

You mean besides make 2 batches of toffee, take four kiddos to library story time, bake 7 loaves of cinnamon swirl bread and 2 loaves of regular bread, whip up some Shepherd’s pie for dinner, check math homework and take advantage of the opportunity to introduce the concept of multiplication, get Xander geared up for hockey, throw together one pan of magic cookie bars, watch the original Miracle on 34th Street, stir up a batch of Mexican wedding cakes, sing peaceful Christmas songs to tuck exhausted kiddos in bed, dip a sheet of buckeyes, and cover snowflake Ritz in mint-chocolate? Not much in the way of housework, that’s for sure. You can imagine what my kitchen looks like, but I think I’ll save that till morning! Ahhh, I love Christmas. I promise you I know that Christmas is not ALL about the treats…

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! I could only accomplish all that baking if I were 'on' something. Maybe one day I'll learn how to use yeast effectively...

Cheers to one ridiculously productive day!

Karey said...

Wow!!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow on my (not nearly as ambitious) baking day! :)

merathon said...

wowsa. i don't make that many treats in one Christmas season, let alone in one DAY. i don't think we were cut from the same mold, sista! what time did you go to bed?

Mirien said...

Wow, Monette. But, oh, the mess! That's what keeps me from making as much as I used to. That and the calories. Although with two teenage boys such things don't last long around here. That's the other problem. All that work that just disappears. Unless they can't find my hiding places...

Melayna said...

I wanna come live with you, Nettie. No fresh bread around here now that my baker moved up to Alaska . . . That cinnamon bread sounds yummy! Hope your party guests loved all the Fillmore family favorites!!

Maryann said...

Hmmm - I think housework can slip on account of productivity in other areas! Happy baking and Merry Christmas!

Marliese said...

You rock! I am totally impressed. I made buckeyes and toffee yesterday and was disappointed with both. I was thinking I should have called you to coach me through the toffee since you are the expert now. Some people have all the talent. :)