Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hope!

"It feels like spring is never going to come." --Elodie while waiting for the bus this morning in yet another snowstorm.

Yesterday afternoon the hope was alive, the sun was shining and snow was melting and puddles for splashing abounded. You can see in this picture, underneath the new layer, that right around the house we could actually see some grass again! Officially, I think it was in the high 30s but it felt like the 50s in the sun! I didn't even wear a jacket to get the kids from the bus stop after school! The hope of spring seemed to make everyone just a little peppier.

That was yesterday. Today it takes a bit more effort to have that pep in my step and smile all the while!

General Conference was a snowy weekend for for us, too. Just when the winter wonderland was losing it's wonder, Elder Porter's over-the-top cheerful roommate Bruce reminded me of the wonderful power of optimism. Maybe I need to read that talk again. Or my good old standby from Elder Wirthlin, "Come what may and love it." Or maybe I need to move back to a climate slightly closer to the tropics and further from the arctic!! No, no, no, I love the snow!!

No comments: