Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Snow way!

September 18, 2013

There's no way I'm letting winter start already. (It's not even technically the first day of autumn yet!!) We've had such a beautiful, relatively long and warm fall so far--a full month of fall-like colors and  temperatures. A lot of the trees still have green leaves mixed in with the gold. It has been gorgeous! I am simply not ready to let it go. Yesterday it tried to snow, mixed with sleet and drizzle. Ultimately, the drizzly rain won out and nothing stuck. I considered it a definite victory for fall. Last night, it tried to snow again. It succeeded in getting a light dusting on the deck and the grass by morning. But that has melted already which I find encouraging. It is still trying, however, with flurries fluttering around but managing to disappear when they hit the ground. I am not willing to admit defeat and consider this the first REAL snow of the season. Thus far, I say it's only an attempt. So ha!

Last night it tried again, and this time succeeded in dusting the trees, too, and it hasn't melted yet, at 11am!! But water is still dripping off of the roof so I am hopeful that this won't stick around all day!

1 comment:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sending warm weather wishes your way! No snow until October!