Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ups and downs

UP: Elodie's hugs and repetition of, "I love you, Mommy. You're da best."

DOWN: Calling Life Insurance and having them tell me they won't even answer a simple yes or no question because I'm not my husband

UP: Going to the temple

DOWN: Pumping

UP: Studying the scriptures from about 1:00am-2:30am

DOWN; The stuffy head and raw nose feeling from crying at random intervals

UP: Funny kids. Speaking of ups and downs, Xander has expressed his dismay at me at least three times this morning for wearing my hair up instead of down.
X: Mom, why are you wearing your hair in a ponytail? I want it down.
Me: Because I didn't take a shower today.
X: Then you should take a shower.

7 comments:

Laurel Lee Pedersen said...

Dear Monette and Aaron,
Oh, how we love you and hope you know that you are even more in our thoughts and prayers. What a choice spirit to only have needed to come and get a body, be loved by his wonderful family, and then go home. Such a great trial for all of you. We're putting your names on the temple roll at the Draper Temple this afternoon. Much, much love! Aunt LLee and Uncle Kent

Ana Chang said...

Monette, I'm so glad there are some UPs mixed in with the DOWNs.

Mirien said...

UP: We can't wait to see all of you tomorrow!

Milan said...

ONE UP ON MIRIEN'S UP: You all get to see me tomorrow!

merathon said...

one up on milan-- i actually was on the phone with monette when xander was telling her to go take a shower!

Phillips Clan said...

UP (for me): Talking to Monette on the phone today and having her ask ME how I was doing. What a sweetheart.

Hugs, Roxane

The Dahle Family said...

Yeah, family visiting is DEFINITELY and UP!