Saturday, March 14, 2009

Enjoy the Moment

That's child-rearing advice you always hear in association with the tantrumy toddler years, right? Because before you know it, those years will be gone and you'll long for those days. So I've known that and I try to. But this experience with Dexter has taught me that in a more urgent way. Yesterday, the weather was just gorgeous so we loaded up the stroller and headed to the park. And I had this moment. A tender, simple moment. I was holding Dexter and his head was nuzzled just under my chin as I was watching Xander and Elodie play perfectly sweetly together on the playground. For that moment, everything was perfect. I felt such a surge of joy and gratitude for my three wonderful children. This really is what it's all about, people.

Daddy is going to bless Dexter in Church tomorrow morning. I have really been looking forward to the opportunity to get a glimpse of who little Dexter is and what his mission on the Earth may be. All of you are invited to come. (If only, right? I know most of you are long-distance readers.) It's at 9:00 at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints building at 950 S. Laredo St. in Aurora, CO.

4 comments:

Marliese said...

I'm glad you could enjoy that beautiful moment with your children at the park. I'm sure you will always cherish that. I wish we could be there tomorrow. I would love to hear about it. I know it will be a very special blessing.

Karey said...

We'll just jump in the car right now and we'll totally make it right on time :)

I know your intent in writing things on your blog is not to show us all how amazing you are, but that's what I see in your writing. You are such a wonderful mom to your three darling children. They will forever call on your example of faith through trial. And so will I :)

Phillips Clan said...

So glad you had a wonderful day at the park! I felt well enough today to take our grandson Hunter (2-1/2) to the park and enjoyed it so much.

I'm going to try my best to be at Dexter's blessing tomorrow. It might be the last time I can make it to Church for awhile.

Hugs, Roxane

Stephenson family said...

I am so glad you were able to have some happy time with your children. I wish we could be there for the blessing. Just know we are there in heart. Take care, Love, Ben Nancy and the girls